Procrastinating is something we all struggle with. It is SO easy to just put things off. Today, I'm going to give you lovely readers a few of my go-to tips when I feel like procrastinating. These daily tips, if done religiously, will 100% shift your procrastinating behavior into "go-getter" behavior.
1) WRITE IT DOWN: We've all been there. That moment where you have 10,000 things to do and you suddenly forget all of them. It is ESSENTIAL to write down exactly what the tasks are when you first think of them. If you're anything like me, you'll want a journal/notebook/calendar to write it down. If it's easier for you to just take out the notepad app on your phone, that's ok too. Writing down the tasks is the only way to keep track of what needs to be done. Cross off each task as you complete them .
2) Look at your list - do one thing RIGHT NOW: When you begin creating your list, see if there are any tasks that can be done right now. Don't put off "easy tasks" just because they are easy. You'll feel so much better if you just get it done as soon as possible.
3) Plan out a schedule: The more specific you are with planning, THE BETTER. Take a few moments to plan out the next few days or weeks and assign each task to a specific time. This allows you to be held accountable for getting it done.
4) Visualize: It's time to visualize what it will look like when your tasks are completed. This step is really very important. When you are able to visually put yourself in the shoes of your future self who has completed the tasks, you begin to align your energy in a better way.
5) Reward The Progress: Set up a reward system to ensure you celebrate progress made along the way. So often do we forget to celebrate the smaller steps along the way. Keep the momentum high and continue to celebrate!
Now stop reading this and GET GOING!!!
Love & Light,